Thursday, June 30, 2005
ION FESTIVAL '05 NEWS
- The ION International Animation, Games and Film Festival is back again this fall in Los Angeles. Focus once again: Animation, Music Videos, Gaming and Film. We look forward to bringing you a bigger and better festival this year.
2005 CALL FOR ENTRIES
Submissions are now being accepted for the 2005 ION International Animation, Games and Film Festival! Click here for information on submitting your film or game for consideration.
- Regular Submission Deadline: June 30, 2005
- Late Sumission Deadline: July 31, 2005
ION needs your help! Join ION's team of volunteers who are working enthusiastically to make the ION Festival & Summit an unforgettable event. Duties include assistance with the Gala opening ceremony, box office help, ticket sales, handing out information from our sponsors and answering questions.Receive free screening passes for each shift that you work, so you can enjoy the festival as well!If you are interested, please click here.
Tuesday, June 28, 2005
The Making of The Flying Saucer
My 2D digital illustration ‘The Flying Saucer’ was made for the contest “Flying Machines” organized by the CaféSalé forum, a French CG board. I chose a UFO to represent a flying saucer shape in a world based on the angle, looking up at my kitchen window. I found the challenge to be quite hilarious and I had a lot of fun doing the work, because behind it all,there was a view of my kitchen, unseen (until now) by anyone else. Here is how I put the vehicle and surroundingstogether, broken down into steps,each defining the composition and colors of this image........Catch da action at CGN !!!!
Saturday, June 25, 2005
Friday, June 24, 2005
Fred Galpern unwraps the LightWave 3D 8.3 update and tests the 64-bit beta, reporting back on what is new and improved.
Labels: Lightwave 3d
THE CINEMA 4D ENGINEERING BUNDLE MAKES HIGH-END VISUALIZATIONS POSSIBLE IN RECORD TIME
Thursday, June 23, 2005
CGC Features : "Hotwheels And Man" Interview with Harald Belker
- If you love cars, you will love this interview we have with Harald Belker , who designed many radical vehicle designs for numerous high-profile films and worked on a few HotWheels of his own. Learn what he really thinks of the new Ford Thunderbird and he likes to read computer manuals at night? I wonder what his wife thinks of that? Read below for details…...........................And for those waiting for flying cars, from the man who designed cars from the future, learn why it probably will never happen..................................Read On DuderzzZZZ !!!! Wr0o0m Wroo0oomMM
Harald Belker's home-page
True Interactive 3D for Flash; Holomatix Releases New Technology That Extends the Capabilities of Macromedia Flash to Incorporate High Quality, Interactive 3D Graphics
- Holomatix(R) today unveiled Blaze 3D Studio(TM), which contains industry leading tools to combine stunning interactive 3D graphics with Flash. With the release of Blaze 3D Studio, Holomatix is paving the way for millions of developers to create online 3D experiences that have never before been possible, across all browsers and system configurations.The Blaze platform is widely recognized as the highest quality interactive web 3D rendering solution available anywhere, having been production proven by more than 70 world-renowned brands. Industry leaders such as Sony, Eastman Kodak Company, adidas and Ford of Europe have taken advantage of Blaze to increase online stickiness and conversion rates, through developing highly interactive 3D sales & marketing applications.Retailers such as amazon.co.uk are also working closely with Holomatix on solutions for visualising products.
Examples may be viewed at www.holomatix.com/examples.
The Park Avenue Design Ideas Competition
Wednesday, June 22, 2005
Significant improvements to usability revolutionize the way creative professionals work, whenever and wherever inspiration strikes
IMAGINA 2006 : 25 YEARS.... AND A NEW LOOK !
• A platform to help profesionnals to get in touch (manufacturers, studios, producers, institutionals and designers) with a tailor-made and targeted programme, with meetings and exchanges that will guarantee a return on investment.
Tuesday, June 21, 2005
Monday, June 20, 2005
The Making of Metamorphosis
- First I looked for insects in photo books and the Internet, with the intention of forming a human face from them. I became confused by the astonishing configurations of insects and the diverseness of their textures, and was not able to summarize my image successfully. However, the theme of this work is not realism, but illusionism. I changed my way of thinking and consequently chose to design an original insect based on human face parts. Next, I mixed this imaginary insect with a real one, with the purpose of adding ........................................Read full Article !!!!
finalRender Stage-2 for Maya Preview
- The latest development from cebas is finalRender Stage-2. A grown up platform independent rendering system. Stage-2 goes much further and for the first time cebas offers a true platform independent rendering solution that will be able to run under various software platforms and operating systems. finalrender Stage-2 delivers a brand new approach to define and write shaders offering the best mix of all available systems! The need to build complex and time consuming shading networks can be easily avoided by clever use of the new technology offered by finalRender Stage-2.Existing shader libraries written in C can be easily ported to finalRender Stage-2. In fact most of the existing shaders can be ported in a matter of minutes or hours. Shaders written in RSL can also be brought over to finalRender Stage-2, however, this will need some more work on the user side. Future versions of finalRender Stage-2 will directly support RSL based shaders.
FinalRender S2 Preview Link
(source: Cebas GmbH)
Sunday, June 19, 2005
Labels: Maya plugins
Saturday, June 18, 2005
Ilexsoft Upgrades HighDesign for Mac OS X 10.4 'Tiger'
- Ilexsoft today announced the release of HighDesign 1.5, the powerful CAD application for Mac OS X that streamlines the design process with its advanced vector tools made easy for experts and newcomers alike. Version 1.5 is a major upgrade that introduces over 80 new items and improvements, and special features designed specifically for Mac OS X 10.4 'Tiger'......HighDesign is a powerful 2D CAD and illustration program that features advanced vector tools, a clean user interface and many special tools developed to assist the user in the design process. From the first sketches to drafting, HighDesign lets the designers quickly achieve the results they want by providing an easy to use Digital Design environment....................................Read Key features of HighDesign 1.5 !!!!
Friday, June 17, 2005
Maxwell Render Beta Version Release
- Next Limit is thrilled to announce that the Maxwell Render Beta version 1.2 has just been released and is already available via their website. The Maxwell Render Beta version features, amongst other things: Faster Render Engine, Dramatic Reduction of Memory footprint, Simple Sub-Surface Scattering, MXI viewer (Preview of the future Graphical User Interface).
Labels: Maxwell Render