CG INDIA has a brief Interview with Czech Artist “LOOCAS DUBER”
by amit Dixit
-Cg India Interviews, Czech Cg Artist loocas duber of dUBER Studio, who have created several comprehensive tutorials for 3dMax users.We would like to thank 'loocas' for giving us his valuable time.
CG India: who was the founder of duber studio and who heads it currently?
- I found duber studio in 2004. It's not a normal production studio though, it's rather a small virtual workshop that represents my works and helps me share my tutorials and training material on the web. I work as a freelance artist for clients all around the world and if there's any occasion that would require more than one person to finish any given project, I'm closely in touch with a few other top-notch Czech artists/freelancers that can help me out.
CG India:when and what was your first Major project, tell something about it?
- Since I freelance I work on many different and thus differently interesting projects all the time. And when I don't I just continue working on my personal projects. But I could say that my first "major" project was a TV commercial and a Music video at the same time when I worked as a 3ds max generalist at MonkeyLab (http://www.monkeylab.com.au/) in Sydney, Australia.
CG India: Normally what's the whole day is like in duber Studio?
- Usually I work alone, since the projects I've worked on so far required only my contribution. Therefore a normal day starts by going trhough e-mails and forums or user-groups on the internet. Then I get to work on either an ongoing commercial project or on my personal stuff. This is at around 9am. I like to work late at night so I usually leave my computer at 12pm or even 1am. It may sound strangely overwhelming, but I rather have a few coffe breaks during a day than sit 9 hrs. in a row at a computer.
CG India: Currently on what all projects your studio is working on? Are you making any animation shorts?
- Currently I'm finishing a few projects. One is a personal 3d illustration and the other one is a commercial job I do for a Australian company. Unfortunately I can't show you any images of the currently ongoing commercial work, because it hasn't been officially released yet, but I can show you a few images from other works of mine.
CG India: Do you writing any new tutorial for 3dsMax?
- Yes. Not writing though, but I'm currently planning on doing another video tutorial series, this time on Organic Character Modeling, but also on UVs and Texture painting. Again all in 3ds max plus Photoshop...!!