Saturday, December 30, 2006
Friday, December 29, 2006
- This one is sliped off my radars earlier....Now you may learn, How to make animated CG movies from non other than 'the master of animation "DreamWorks Animation SKG". Snip: Have you ever wondered how CG movies are made? As you might imagine, it takes a lot of people and a lot of time – four years in most cases. We show you what everyone is doing during that time.....Read more!!
Thursday, December 28, 2006
- GPU-Tech launches a free full Edition of RTSquare 1.3, renderer plug-in for 3DS Max and VIZ. GPU-Tech, takes advantage of this festive season to wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year and to offer you the possibility to download a full version of their renderer RTSquare 1.3 for free! RTSquare is the first entirely GPU-based renderer plug-in for 3DS Max and VIZ which uses a new technology to render great images at high speeds.........continue!!
- Softimage has posted three new interview videos. Tim Miller, Jason Taylor, JD Fievet, and Remi McGill from Blur Studios talk to Softimage staff about the making of "A Gentlemen's Duel," switching their animation and rigging pipelines to XSI, and how Softimage goes the extra mile for 3D production teams. Blur Studio, a Los Angeles-based animation and visual effects production studio, switched its animation and rigging pipelines to SOFTIMAGE®XSI® software for the development of “A Gentlemen’s Duel,” the latest animated short from the Oscar® nominated studio. .............link!!
- The first family of superheroes, The Fantastic Four, meets their greatest challenge yet in "Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer" as the enigmatic, intergalactic herald, The Silver Surfer, comes to Earth to prepare it for destruction. As the Silver Surfer races around the globe wreaking havoc, Reed, Sue, Johnny and Ben must unravel the mystery of the Silver Surfer.
Watch the Teaser - Trailer
Labels: Teaser Trailers
Wednesday, December 27, 2006
- Avid Technology, Inc. (NASDAQ: AVID), today announced that its Softimage, Co. subsidiary has released SOFTIMAGE®XSI® 6, the latest version of its flagship 3D animation and character creation software. Available now for download, XSI 6 software offers new features and solutions that result in a fast and highly integrated way to work with complex 3D characters and motion capture data in a mixed-studio pipeline. Whether used for visual effects in film and broadcast programs or for designing next-generation PC and console games, XSI 6 software delivers many powerful capabilities to 3D artists this holiday season. Along with major advances in animation and data management for complex 3D scenes, the rendering core within XSI 6 software has been enhanced for increased performance, scalability and extensibility...Make sure you watch the XSI 6 features video-Tour.
Download XSI 6 trial
Watch XSI 6 Features, Video
Thursday, December 21, 2006
Labels: 3ds Max plugins
ShaderFX's powerful schematic interface lets you quickly assemble shaders that support complex effects such as parallax mapping, fresnel fall-off, and cube map reflection, all by simply connecting nodes together. Your shader progress is displayed and updated in 3ds Max's viewport as you build the shader so you can always see your results in real-time. Once you're happy with your results, you can use your shader in the 3ds Max viewport, or you can also export your shader in the popular HLSL FX format for use in other applications and game engines.
Download Free - ShaderFX Demo
Wednesday, December 20, 2006
- Map Layers is an handy Max plug-in, works with 3ds Max 8.0 or higher including x64bit version of recently released 3ds Max 9.0. This 3ds max plugin allows you to blend multiple texture maps together using various blend modes, similar to photoshop layer blending workflow - add, screen, overlay multiply etc. In addition you can specify the opacity amount of every layer. Some of the features includes; Virtually unlimited number of layers, - Linear workflow without need to create complex branches of submaps, - Auto renames submap according to its blending mode and opacity value, - Supports alpha channel for layer masking, either as a channel Mask .............download MapLayers!!
Tags: 3ds max . 3ds max plugins . 3ds max scripts
Labels: Lightwave 3d
- Crystal Pictures ParticleGen is a 3d particle effects generator. Company boast, ParticleGen is flexible and most advanced tool for the creation of multifaceted 3d particle effects in real-time. ParticleGen enables the realization of almost any desired visual effect, from explosions and fog to reflections in water.Beside using your own particle shapes which can be created with any conventinal image editing program, the software also allows you to import 3ds files, which you use as particles or animations. For Autodesk's Maya users, the pro version of ParticleGen enables users to import camera animation for compositing purposes. It will be in the stores on the 20th of December. The Professional (299 Euros) and the Personal Software Editions (99.99 Euros) both revolutionize the creation of digital content and effects. The sphere of applications ranges from film, video and TV productions to graphics design and publishing, image editing, compositing and web design. You'll find more info, examples of applications AND a free demo version at cybersign.de.
Tags: Visual Effects . VFX . Maya
Labels: visual effects
Monday, December 18, 2006
Skymatter, a 3D software company founded by computer artists from Weta Digital and Electronic Arts finally released Version 1.0 of versatile 3d modeling and sculpting tool MudBox. After two years of production testing with several of the largest film and game companies, Mudbox is now available for purchase. A new direction in high resolution sculpting software, Mudbox is the first brush-based sculpting tool built from the ground up to address the needs of professional digital sculptors...So finally a worthy competitor to Silo and Zbrush has arrived.............find out more!!
Tags: 3d software . 3d modeling .
Download photoshop tutorial (.PDF)
Labels: Photoshop Tutorials
- ESP Vision is lighting simulation software used to achieve the highest level of realistic visual presentation. The company boast the new Vision 2.2 is the most technologically advanced lighting pre-visualization software available on the planet. Creating a lighting model is a SNAP with ESP's custom lighting plugins. Each purpose-built plugin is designed to streamline the modeling process. Vision 2.2 integrated with various 3d softwares and able to import multiple objects from different sources, including Autodesk® 3ds Max, 3d Viz and VectorWorks Spotlight.
Friday, December 15, 2006
You may discuss and find more info on DI Blog!! (digg this :P)
- Dosch Design, which offers ready to use computer graphics 3d products has Released a range of new fabulous 3d products, as usual with Great deal of attention to product detail and quality. Dosch released the following new 3d and visualization products:
Dosch 3D: Passenger Transportation - 24 detailed and completely textured vehicles.
Dosch 3D: Cranes - 20 detailed and completely textured 3D-models of cranes.
Dosch 3D: Kitchen Designs - 20 completely designed kitchens.
Dosch 3D: World Globes - 40 3D-models of world globes.
Dosch Viz-Images: Bird's Eye Buildings - 300 depictions of buildings from bird's eye view.
Dosch Viz-Images: People, Casual - 150 people in casual clothing.
Dosch Viz-Images: People, Urban - 150 people for urban visualizations.
Dosch Layer FX: Wellness - PSD design templates for wellness and beauty.
For more information about the about latest Dosch Products please www.Doschdesign.com !!
Tags: 3d models . Textures . free textures
- Oscar-winning visual effects company, 'The Mill have just finished Ivan Zacharias’ latest commercial called ‘Sea’ for one of the oldest skin products around – good old Vaseline. Bringing the Vaseline brand into the 21st century, Ivan has used a mix of live action and animation to create this beautiful film about how amazing our skin is. Lead Flame Barnsley and Flint assist Gareth Brannan embarked on the challenging task of beautifying the hundreds of naked bodies to make it acceptable for broadcasting! Many body parts were painted out or covered up and Barnsley also added some extra bodies to the crowd scenes. In the desert scene he tripled the number of people in the shot. The 3D and Flame team also spent time creating the factory setting, the modern church, the lightening bolts and sky replacements. Senior colourist at the Mill Seamus O'Kane graded the film in Spirit.
Watch the spot
The Mill website
Labels: visual effects studio
Wednesday, December 13, 2006
Photoshop Brushes - Haute brushes (click me)
Also, please do update our Feed URL - http://feeds.feedburner.com/cgIndia
- CGToolbar Installations since launch- till 12 Dec 2006 - 34555 Installed.
- CGIndia visitors Since launch - till 13 Dec 2006, at 6:00 Pm IST - 1,738,275. Last four months average 2,88,000-per/month. Thanks For all your Support - Team CGIndia
- Traintamarre is an animated short film made by four final year student; Bea Bourloton , Elea Gobbe-Mevellec, Ben L'Hoste and Sebastien Piquet of Gobelins, l'ecole de l'image animation school, in Paris. The animation short took about eight months to complete and made particularly for the International Animation Festival of Annecy, which took place from June 05th to June 10th 2006. Every day at the festival, a different short film was shown. Traintamarre proudly made the opening of the festival on June 5th.
Watch the CG Film - click here
Labels: animation short
- eyeon Software Inc. announced today that Fusion 5.1 is now available. The node-based compositor combines the benefits of an integrated 2D and 3D multi-processor architecture with an advanced collaborative workflow management system. Fusion 5.1 is a full-featured, node-based compositing system with built-in backend tools via a powerful scripting engine with ODBC support. A perfect balance between a backroom power tool and a front room client station, Fusion has it all. Not only does Fusion have a real 3D environment with camera/lights support for leading 3D packages, it is also one of the most powerful and intuitive 3D particle systems on the market. With hardware-accelerated 3D capabilities, you can now migrate from pre-viz to finals within the same application. eyeon's Fusion is a true synergy of 2D and 3D tools for ultimate compositing and visual effects.........................more info!!
Tags: VFX . Visual effects
- 3d Tutorial on 3dm : The Making of Rage over Babylon by Ziv.....................link!!
- Dan Milligan about his career as a Canadian storyboard artist..............link!!
- ambientLight 50% off Winter Holiday Special on all Textures........link!!
- Featured CGSociety article: Three little 3D PIGs, a CG short film Hoaxland studio.........link!!
- Watch great visual effects in Commercial for Nike Air Max 360....................link!!
- Newtek releases a trial version of Lightwave 9 for Mac OSX, & 32/64-bit Windows.......link!!
- 3DAS - 3D Architectural Solutions, presents 26 weeks of insider secrets delving into the world of professional architectural visualization..............link!!
- eyeon Software launches VFXPedia.com, a new online service for Fusion artists and compositing artists in general...............link!!
Labels: CG News Tid-Bits
- Reflex is the new way to do 3D animation that will benefit everyone involved in studio production. Whether you're animating in the trenches, working on the technical side of production, managing a major film or game, or teaching the art form to future animators,Reflex is the tool for you?.. Reflex was designed with the traditional animation workflow in mind. The technology may have changed, but the need for fast interaction, visual simplicity, worry-free experimentation, and flexible collaboration hasn't................more info!!
Labels: Useful 2d/3d Tools
Tuesday, December 12, 2006
Slated for release in the second half of 2007, Houdini 9 is going to be exciting for both existing users and for artists new to Houdini. In addition to a new fluid solver that is fully integrated into Houdini’s dynamics (DOPs) environment, there will be.................snoop around!!
Monday, December 11, 2006
- Today Craft Animations announced the release of Extended Versions of Craft Directors Tools. The Craft 4-Wheeler and Airplane Extended versions is available for price of 695 USD/- each. Craft Animations produces and sells plug-ins for direct animation in 3ds Max, Maya and VIZ. The Craft Director Tools plug-in suite saves animators 90% of their workload.........more info!!
Tags: 3ds max . 3ds max plugins . maya plugins
- Men O’ War is an animation short made by Isaac Botkin, his brothers and sisters over the course of 5 weeks as a teaching tool for this year’s San Antonio Film Academy. It was created using Lightwave 3D, the Adobe Production Studio bundle, and Cubase for the music. You can download the movie as well as read about how the short animation movie has been made,... from pre production to post-production and more...............check it out!!
Labels: animation short
- New 3dsmax tutorial by Rick Timmons on HDRI and Caustics for the Beginner.........link!!
- (PS) Choosing a right colour scheme for any artwork depends on a....................link!!
- New 3dsmax tutorial by Vray Elite's Joe Pizzini, on creating tractor.........link!!
- How to make XSI and MAX friends.....any ideas??..................link!!
- NEW definitive Walk Cycle video tutorial...............link!!
Labels: Awards and Events
- Dibulitoon has been producing animated feature film from their production studio located in Northern Spain for more than 15 years. December 2006 marked the release of Christopher Coolumbus across theatres in Spain. This gorgeous film tell the story of Christopher who is sent to the moon on a crazy quest. Dibulitoon entered in production of this 70 minutes length CG feature film back in early 2003. More than 60 talented artists worked on this project for more than two years and the results are impressive. Composed by a unique blend of live action maquette backgrounds and integration with CG characters, Christopher Coolumbus is truly an impressive CG feature film.
For Dibulitoon’s production needs, 1459 animation shots featuring 19 characters, they turned to Voice-O-Matic to help them in the daunting tasks of making their characters talk. Voice-O-Matic takes lip synchronization to a new level by using an intelligent phonetic engine that can break down audio files cleanly and automatically assign correct phonemes to make your characters talk in just minutes. It also has an impressive language support and can handle many languages including English, French and Spanish.Once again Di-O-Matic prove their technologies reliability in production, this time as a key component to the lip synchronization process in a full length CG feature film.
Voice - O -Matic
Friday, December 08, 2006
Labels: 3ds Max plugins
- Next limit technologies has released new and hughly improved Maxwell Renderer plug-ins for Maya, Cinema4D and 3d studio Max. The new Maya plug-in offers seamless integration with Maxwell Render, support for Maya native materials, a better workflow and more. An improved workflow and better integration are both part of the C4D updated plug-in, which also includes many new commands and support of native C4D materials. The updated 3ds Max plug-in offers many new features and improvements in workflow and integration like support for the 3dsMax Standard material, new Maxwell Material, support for normal 3dsMax cameras... Versions 7.x, 8.x and 9 are supported. You can find a full features list and a plug-in video at http://www.maxwellrender.com .
In this release they have added a new "directional ambient occlusion feature" (courtesy of Chris Green from Valve Software). This feature stores the ambient occlusion from up to four different regions of the hemisphere in each of the 4 color channels of an output texture.
Labels: Maya plugins