- Reallusion released iClone 2.0, which is powered by advanced actor creation, real-time visual effects, and filmmaker power tools to create a complete cast of talking animated custom characters, clothing, 3D scenes and effects for creating animated movies. iClone 2.0 demystifies the technology of storytelling.
- Architectural Visualization Competition 2007 Launched. This year marks the 3rd annual CGarchitect.com Architectural Visualization Competition (AVC). As the only competition of its kind in the industry, the competition strives to uncover undiscovered talent through a series of challenges and qualifying competitions spanning four months.
- Digital-Tutors, an Autodesk® Authorized Publisher, today announced the availability of 'Maya Modeling Techniques: Interiors' - the latest release in a growing library of interactive training for emerging digital artists using Maya 8.5, the award-winning 3D modeling, animation, Visual effects and rendering solution.
- KURV studios and SubdivisionModeling.com have teamed up with Wayne Robson to bring you Mudbox: A Practical Guide. The first section of this training video is 1.5 hours long and will introduce new users to Mudbox's tool set, interface and work flow.
- Archexteriors vol. 2 is out! This time they have released Archexteriors vol. 2 for only 99Euro you can buy 10 fully textured and shaded scenes prepared for rendering in V-Ray.
- A unique cast of characters created and designed by Clay Weiner for MTV that take us back to that time in life when everyone was a complete no one.
- Worley Labs has released FPrime 3, a lightWave's rendering engine with the focused goal of boosting LightWave 3d workflow even more. FPrime's already-fast raytracing engine has been updated to provide even more speed, even better multithreading, and optimized memory use.
- The Complete program for fmx/07, the 12th International conference on Animation, Visual Effects, Real-time and 3d Content, has been made available online at there website.
- DigitMag has published a Review of Painter X by Jason Walsh, who says; RealBristle functionality adds a new level of control. Handy new composition tools.