+ GenArts, Inc., a leading provider of visual effects plug-ins for the film, broadcast and video industries, today announced the immediate availability of Sapphire Plug-ins version 4 for Autodesk compositing and editing systems. The new version features over 45 new effects, plus many enhancements and new parameters to existing effects in the package. Version 4 contains all of the visual effects and features that have established Sapphire Plug-ins as an indispensable part of the digital artist’s toolkit – and introduces over 45 innovative new effects including: FilmDamage, FilmEffect, DeinterlaceAuto, ZDefocus, Cartoon, Light3D and TextureFlux. Many of the new plug-ins were designed to enhance the user’s workflow. “GenArts continues to set the high bar on clever, useful tools for our Autodesk systems. They’ve got some fun new sparks in v4 that make for interesting visual trickery, but my personal favorites are the utilities that make my compositing jobs easier and put order back in my life,” says Dave Waller of Brickyard VFX, a long-standing Sapphire user.
Key new effects and features of Sapphire Plug-ins v4 for Autodesk Systems:
- FilmDamage simulates aged film by adding scratches, dust, stains, grain, shake, flicker, etc.
- FilmEffect models film exposure and processing to make your video look like it was shot on film.
- DeinterlaceAuto detects the pulldown pattern in a clip and automatically deinterlaces or reinterlaces it.
- ZDefocus defocuses areas of the source clip by different amounts using depth values from a z-buffer input.
- Cartoon gives cartoon-like looks with exaggerated edges and flat areas of color.
- Light3D performs 3D relighting of a clip using an input clip describing the surface normals.
- Other new effects include: Rays, BlurDirectional, CartoonPaint, Posterize, Deband, BleachBypass, DogVision, Vignette, HalfToneRings, WarpMagnify, WarpCornerPin, WarpsComp, GradientRadial, GradientMulti, Shape, TextureMoire, TextureTiles, TextureNeurons, TextureLoops, TextureFlux, TileScramble, WipeRings, WipeTiles, SwishPan, DissolveLuma, DissolveGlow, DissolveFilm, TimeDisplace, FeedbackBubble, FeedbackDistort, Convolve, ConvolveComp, ZConvolve, ZGlow, TriTone, and QuadTone.
- LensFlare has 14 new flare types and new parameters.
- RackDefocus has new shape options and improved performance.
- New redraw option auto-adjusts resolution for real time interactivity.
- All effects have Add Noise, Use Gamma and lookup table options.
- Glare includes 4 new glare types and improved performance.
Sapphire Plug-ins version 4 for Autodesk compositing and editing systems can be purchased directly from GenArts or through their worldwide channel of Autodesk authorized resellers. Pricing for Sapphire 4 is: $6000 for Autodesk Flint SD and Smoke SD; $10,000 for Flame, Flint HD and Smoke HD; $14,000 for Inferno; and $900 for Burn. Existing version 3 customers qualify for special upgrade pricing of $1800, $2800, $3800 and $250, respectively. For IRIX users, there is no additional charge to transfer version 4 to Linux. A free trial of the software is available online at www.genarts.com.