+ Just got a word from Jeff Anderson of Braid Art Labs about the release of GroBoto upgraded version 2.1 for Mac & PC, with Windows Vista support. GroBoto™ creates complex, dynamic, lyrical forms and animation with ease. It combines artistic expression with interactive exploration of an infinite universe of 3D form and motion. The Groboto new version features performance boost as well as over a dozen new intuitive features including many new algorithmic bots, expanded bot object generation control, object & texture self illumination, new atmospheric and background controls, UI enhancements, and bug fixes.
What's New in Groboto 2.1?
- Introducing strip mode for bots. Strip mode allows the user to specify an arbitrary series
of objects of different types to use as the source objects for a bot (instead of just two).
- Many new bots and bot presets
- Several new object alignment options for how objects are positioned on bot branches
- New directional texture tiling support. This allows for some better approximation of
some textures like tree bark where the pattern is semi-directional.
- New self illuminating textures
- New self illuminating objects
- New layered fog atmospherics with color, thickness, altitude and transparency controls
- New sky gradients with interactive control over color and transition angle
- New star field generation with number and cluster control
- New morphing kinetics and improved morph animation
- New scene presets
- Interruptible rendering for more responsive camera and AutoBot editing
- New tessellation options for poly display mode
- New in-line color filters including brightness, contrast, saturation & hue.
- New shadow opacity & temperature control
- Improved rendering speed
- A number of UI enhancements including faster startup time on Windows™
- Improved Windows Vista™ support
GroBoto is available now from www.groboto.com as a Universal binary for Mac OS X (10.4 or
later), Windows XP or Vista with a price of $79.00 (U.S.). A 30 day demo is also available.