+ Avid Technology has announced SOFTIMAGE XSI 6.5 with new features and price tag. Avid says; Today, demand for compelling 3D character performances and rich, immersive 3D worlds has never been greater. SOFTIMAGEXSI 6.5 renews Softimage's legendary commitment to 3D artists and studios by giving you everything you need to keep pushing the boundaries of art and technology—all at a simply unbeatable value.
Enhancements highlights to XSI 6.5 Essentials and Advanced include the following:
- TransformUV Property for multi-UV editing
- New interactive “Tight” layout for Unique UVs/PolyPack
- Shaderball support for Hardware Renderers
- Snapping tools work with Instances
- New Drag and Drop event
- New OnObjectAdded event
- New OnObjectRemoved event
- HDR image generation in RenderMap
- Satellite Support for RenderMap
- HDR color range for vertex colors
- API to convert vertex colors from shorts to floats and vice-versa.
...and many more. XSI 6.5 Essentials now come with a price tag of $2995* (USMSRP) and XSI 6.5 XSI Advanced now available for $4995* (USMSRP), comes with 5 XSI Batch Licenses. XSI Essentials now includes XSI Hair & Fur and Syflex Cloth, the features previously available only in XSI Advanced. For more information and trial download, please visit softimage.com.
Labels: 3d software, XSI