SAND Paper 2008 - Call for Papers
+ Swansea Animation Days (SAND) is pleased to announce its first annual academic conference on animation, games, and special effects. SAND Paper invites you to submit a research paper on, but not limited to, one of the following topics:
- The application, evaluation, or theoretical development of digital visualisation – e.g. procedural animation, motion capture, issues of realism and perception.
- Issues relating to the uncanny valley concept in relation to the creative, digital industries – e.g. computer games, 3D animation, multimedia.
- An evaluation of pedagogical approaches for digital media disciplines – e.g. teaching strategies, assessment procedures, and the development of new teaching tools.
- An investigation of ludological and/or narrative structures in computer and video games.
- Issues concerning formal, scientific evaluations of game quality.
- Other topics of particular interest include online communities, new approaches for the creation of 3D art, and the design and contextual analyses of digital visualisation.
Papers should outline original work and clearly describe the method(s) used and its application in the context of creative digital industries and/or visualisation. All papers will undergo double-blind peer-review. Authors will be notified on the dates given below. Accepted papers will be published on a DVD of SAND’s conference proceedings in November 2008 and selected authors invited to introduce their paper at the SAND 2008 conference. For submission guidelines please visit http://www.sand.org.uk/docs/SAND_Paper.doc
Labels: Awards and Events