+ dvGarage, a provider of tools and training for the next generation of media artists, today announced that dvMatte Pro 3.0 Studio, the newest version of the company’s powerful chromakeying software, is now available for Apple Final Cut Pro 5.1.2 and Apple Motion 2 or higher. Utilizing Apple’s FxPlug technology to combine chromakeying with high-performance Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) acceleration, dvMatte Pro 3.0 Studio allows Apple Final Cut Pro and Motion users to remove green and blue screen backgrounds from digital video (DV), high definition video (HDV) or high definition (HD) footage in real time.
Key features in dvMatte include:
* 3 Pass, Super-Fast Keyer - dvMatte Pro 3 uses two color differences keyers and a hybrid luminance keyer to produce some of the smoothest mattes ever seen on digital footage in record time
* Built-in Spill Suppression – dvMatte not only knocks out the background, it actually knocks out the spill; automatically!
* Color Matching Plug-in – Match foreground and background color in just a few clicks
* Built-in Edge Blending – dvMatte’s edge blending controls takes composites to the next level
* Built-in Light Wrap Plug-in – This easy-to-use feature will make anyone look like a pro even if they’re just getting started
* New Screen Fix Plug-in – Truly a ‘silver bullet’ for hard-to-key images, this plug-in will clean greenscreen footage when used with a clean plate
dvMatte Pro 3.0 Studio is available for download from dvGarage’s website at: www.dvgarage.com. Priced at USD $199, download contents include: dvMatte Pro 3.0 Studio for Apple Final Cut Pro 5.1.2, or Motion 2 or higher; dvMatte Pro 3.0 User’s Manual; and sample project files. dvMatte Pro 3.0 Studio systems requirements include: 1.25GHz or faster PowerPC G5; Mac OSX 10.4.9 or higher;1 GB Hard Drive Space minimum and QuickTime 6 or higher.
Labels: visual effects