+ (Paris, FRANCE – April 1st 2008) – N-Sided® announces the release of the version 2.1 of QUIDAM, the character creation software. Already greeted for its speed, its very intuitive interface and its productivity, QUIDAM is unique in merging various anatomical elements into one seamless model. A single Base (Model Pack) of QUIDAM can generate billions of different characters! Moreover, QUIDAM offers artists a full set of advanced tools for sculpting creations to the last detail and a complete 3D Paint palette to add colors, textures, bump and transparency on the models.
QUIDAM is the only software that exports multiresolution 3D characters, entirely textured and ready to be animated into any 3D animation software.
An overview of the main new features:
- An Eraser allows you to progressively remove all the retouches and deformations
- New options are available to absorb the deformations and avoid too big stretching or mesh collisions
- You can now generate meshes at the subdivision level in order to refine a model for retouches
- A system lets you adjust smooth angle and edges sharpness
- A new option invert normals from a selection of faces when needed
Textures and 3DPaint
- Advanced options to support sensitive tablets directly into the 3DPaint Module
- A very handy and precious widget to directly manipulate background images to trace over
- The possibility to Cut and Paste Materials
- You can now select the objects to be exported from a list
- Automatic Group detection when importing Custom Props. It allows you to import full textured characters or objects made of different groups and textures.