+ RenderHeads Ltd launches Vertex Chameleon, an ultimate vertex colour toolset for Autodesk Maya. Vertex colours are widely used in games for platforms where there isn't much memory for textures. Such platforms include: Nintendo Wii & DS, Sony PSP & Playstation 2, internet and mobile phone games. Even nextgen platforms such as PC, Xbox360 and PS3 still use vertex colours to help improve performance and save vital memory. Vertex Chameleon for Maya gives you complete control, real-time feedback and a wealth of functionality, resulting in increased productivity and better results.
Some of the main features are:
1) Vertex colour layers! (an extension to colorsets providing real-time layer blending and compositing just like Photoshop)
2) All operations and tools have been written for real-time feedback to give maximum control.
3) Loads of real-time adjustment tools (HSV, RGB, Levels, Contrast etc)
4) Filters (blur, sharpen, dilate, erode)
5) Tools for gradients, randomisation, 3D texture sampling
6) Texture and occlusion baking
7) Photoshop blending modes And much much more..
Visit the homepage where you can explore the features in detail, download it and see some videos: www.renderheads.com/portfolio/VertexChameleon/