+ Today Electric Rain, Inc.® announced the release of Swift 3D® PS, a new plug-in that adds 3D modeling and animation tools to the Photoshop CS4 Extended authoring environment. The plug-in allows Photoshop users to quickly and easily accomplish simple to advanced 3D tasks without leaving the CS4 Extended interface. “Swift 3D is already very well known in the Flash community and we’re excited to see it introduced as a plug-in to Photoshop CS4 Extended,” commented John Nack, Principal Product Manager for Photoshop & Bridge at Adobe Systems.
Key benefits of Swift 3D PS:
- Create, bevel and extrude 3D text from any font in seconds.
- Quickly draw 2D extrusions or lathe objects with a bezier pen tool.
- Import, extrude and bevel existing 2D vector artwork from Adobe Illustrator® or Flash®.
- Simplify 3D scene creation with targeted cameras and in-viewport lighting manipulation.
- Expands Photoshop’s workflow with After Effects CS4 Live 3D view.
- 3D objects remain fully editable, even after filters are applied.
Swift 3D PS incorporates the same intuitive interface and toolset as the full version of Swift 3D, making it a good fit for designers that are new to 3D or want to accomplish simple 3D tasks. It also provides advanced modeling and animation capabilities, including new Boolean operations, for designers who want to delve deeper into 3D or expand the workflow into After Effects CS4. Swift 3D PS for Windows is available from the Electric Rain website at www.erain.com for $149.00 USD.