+ 3d-io games & video production GmbH has release Unwrella 2.10 for Autodesk 3D Studio Max. This new version of Unwrella enhances the plug-in’s functionality with optional automatic seam placements based on the mesh’s topology. Depending your specific requirements you can add seems in grooves of your mesh where they won’t be seen or you can add seams to ridges on the surface to assist with shapes that have hard angles, for example architectural meshes.The Unwrella unwrapping plug-in for Autodesk 3ds Max 9, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011 is now available for sale and as a freely downloadable trial version on its homepage.
New Features and changes in Unwrella 2.10:
- Added support for Autodesk 3ds Max 2011 and Autodesk 3ds Max Design 2011.
- Added the option to place automatic seams at grooves in the mesh where they are better hidden.
- Added the option to place automatic seams at ridges in the mesh to provide clear cuts for hard surface models.
- Source map channel from which seams are kept can now be different to target channel. This allows you to create multiple different unwraps for your mesh with ease.
- Simplified user interface to make using the plug-in even more intuitive.
- Enhanced unwrap results for specific cases. This results in less fragmentation of coherent surfaces.