+ Autodesk, Inc. has announced the availability of the Autodesk SketchBook Pro App for iPad, a new professional-grade paint and drawing application designed exclusively for the iPad. The Autodesk SketchBook Pro App for iPad combines high-quality digital pencils, pens, markers and airbrushes with a Multi-Touch gesture-based user interface, enabling users to create everything from quick sketches to high-quality artwork. Geared for both occasional doodlers and professional illustrators, SketchBook Pro transforms the iPad into the ultimate digital sketchbook. Using the same paint engine as its desktop and mobile counterparts, the new SketchBook Pro App for iPad delivers a complete set of sketching and painting tools through a streamlined and intuitive user interface.
Key new features in the Autodesk SketchBook Pro App for iPad include:
- Full-screen 1024 x 768 work space with support for any device orientation
- An innovative Multi-Touch interface that delivers an immersive and streamlined experience
- 75 brushes with customizable settings, including synthetic pressure sensitivity and brush modes for free sketching and creating straight lines, ellipses and rectangles
- Six full-resolution layers per sketch with complete control over layer order, visibility and opacity
- A built-in, live news page that alerts artists to upcoming events and highlights featured artists and their SketchBook creations