"We saw an overwhelming response to our beta phase and are excited to introduce an off-the-shelf solution that answers such a huge community need. Eliminating common CG pipeline bottlenecks can require dedicated R&D and often complicated workarounds," said Jason Adams, creative director, CoreCG and Oktobor Animation. "We built MentalCore to simplify workflows and expedite rendering, so artists spend less time troubleshooting and more time on the quality of their work. It's truly an efficient, reliable solution for artists made by artists."
MentalCore, developed by Supervising Technical Director Corey Frew at Oktobor Animation, animation studio for several high-profile Nickelodeon series, is production-proven and provides enhancements to the standard rendering workflow using Autodesk Maya with NVIDIA mental ray. Suitable for any size studio, MentalCore supports Maya 2011 and Maya 2012, and hosts a user-friendly interface and robust feature set, including:
· Render Globals Interface - Quick access to all global settings and render passes
· Node Based Render Pass System - Reliable render pass system that eases linking to objects, materials and lights
· Shader Library - Achieve desired looks with new material, texture and utility shaders
· Color Management System - Easily adopt a linear color workflow
· Preview Render Passes - Preview render passes in the renderview without the memory overhead of rendering all other passes in one go
· Ambient Occlusion Transparency - Support for ambient occlusion transparency
· Python API - Easily integrate MentalCore into any pipeline
· mental ray Compatibility - Compatible with mental ray standalone renderer
Pricing and Availability
MentalCore is now available for purchase on the CoreCG website as a node locked license at an introductory price of US $189, or a floating license for US $199. Modified pricing is available for educational institutions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. A free 30-day trial of MentalCore is available on www.core-cg.com.